Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gardening



Finally got outside to plant our garden.  And let me just say it is not cheap!  Yet we do it every year and then winter comes and destroys everything.  But I guess it does feel rather good to be out in the sun, sweating, and getting dirty.  It is a lot of work though (so I am already one mojito in!)  Between getting dirt out of the compost and mixing it up with fertilizer my arms feel like rubber bands.  It would have been a lot easier had I gotten the wheelbarrow out, but it was being occupied by some very large webs which means very large spiders.  So I was the moron making like 50 trips with the shovel to the compost.


I was very pleased with my pin curl set this morning.  Sometimes it just seems so hit or miss. 


We had just gotten our plants and were very excited to start.  Although the excitement fizzled after about 20 minutes when I had remembered how much work it really was.    




On our way to our gardening shop my daughter had told me that she wanted a pink princess shovel (she calls it a shuggle) with matching gloves.  I said "Honey, I doubt that they have that at our store."  Well yeah it had just that actually.  So I snatched it up in disbelief!


Here's my cutie pie with her shuggle!



We just planted the basics; tomatoes, cucumber, beans, onions, zucchini, chives, basil, mint, parsley, cilantro,     
squash, and tried some watermelons.
  

....So yeah this whole row are different types of peppers.  Not exactly my first choice but my husband loves peppers...especially pickled peppers.


It doesn't look like much now but after about a month you will see a huge difference.  I am just glad that it is done!  Yay!


We were extremely dirty and I kept feeling like there were little bugs all over me so we headed straight to the shower (there goes my perfectly pin curled hair).   And here we are sitting in our new garden.



It was a pretty great day hanging out with my little one, but as a side effect of working all day I am extremely grumpy and tired and ready for bed...If only my 4 year old was.


No comments:

Post a Comment