Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Emmas Halloween Costume

 
 
Isn't Halloween the best!  Especially for all of the crafty people out there.  It's a chance to get that creative wheel moving and create something fun.  The best part about it is that its okay to make mistakes because they are only going to wear it on one night (and it will be very dark).


When I was a kid my parents would go all out to create costumes for us.  I think that it made those Halloweens etched into my memories forever and I definitely inherited it from those two.  
I tend to lean more towards story book characters for Halloween instead of those from the T.V. shows or movies that she watches.  I like the whole whimsical approach when creating her costumes and adding special details to make her costume truly one of a kind. 
 
 


 I used Butterick 3762 for the dress pattern.  It is a great pattern will all kinds a variations, seriously out of this little packet you could make 6 different dresses.  I am so glad that I have this pattern to add to the stash.  I felt that the dress fit true to size as well (typically dress patterns for her turn out way to big). 
 
 
I would love to try the scalloped collar next. 
 



This pattern had tucks in the bodice which I have never done before and looked really intimidating, but it is seriously the easiest thing to create.  Ahh I love overcoming my fears.   My first sleeve came out great but the other one was a bit wonky (scroll back to the "mistakes" and "one night" bit).  Anyway, all that matters is that she loves it and she does, and she looks pretty cute wearing it too!  Photos to come of her actually wearing it later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment